Research Unit Uckermark (founded July 13, 2006)
Requests via BGG-FST-Uckermark
The Research Unit Uckermark was founded July 13, 2006, as part of the Brandenburgische Genealogische Gesellschaft (BGG) „Roter Adler“ e.V. Our goal is to support genealogical research in the Uckermark. The area includes the historic Uckermark as described in Historisches Ortslexikon, Teil VIII Uckermark by Lieselott Enders (1986).
Description of the research area
The Uckermark is a historic landscape in northeast Germany. It was formed by three districts (Landkreise) Prenzlau, Templin and Angermünde. Today the Brandenburg district Uckermark represents the biggest part of the historic Uckermark. Historic Uckermark territories belong today to the Brandenburg districts Barnim and Oberhavel as well as to Mecklenburg-Vorpommern districts Vorpommern-Greifswald and Mecklenburgische Seenplatte.
What we offer:
- Supporting the research of ancestors in the Uckermark (suggestions regarding sources, literature, general tips),
- Platform for exchanging research results with others,
- Possibility to publicize research results.
What we cannot offer:
- Genealogical research for individuals
Your contribution is greatly appreciated.
Possible contributions could be:
- Being contact person for certain places or names in the Uckermark,
- Examining of Uckermark church record duplicates (KBD,
- Writing articles for BGN and BGJ.
- The Uckermark
- Confessions in the Uckermark
- Church records and other genealogical sources
- One place studies of the Uckermark
- Projects of the Research Center Uckermark
Written by: Christian Schulz Research Center Uckermark